By Steven R. Smith
Read Online or Download Applying Theory to Policy and Practice: Issues for Critical Reflection PDF
Similar anthropology books
Attractiveness and the Beast begins with the query: Is attractiveness destined to finish in tragedy? Drawing on huge fieldwork in Colombia, Michael Taussig scrutinizes the apprehensive, audacious, and occasionally damaging makes an attempt humans make to rework their our bodies via plastic surgery and liposuction. He balances an exam of surgical procedures intended to reinforce an individual’s good looks with a frequently forgotten counterpart, surgical procedures performed—often on excessive profile criminals—to conceal one’s id.
"We have to help those that inform the truth"Bess Nungarrayi PriceThere is a reluctance to scrutinise and handle the elemental cultural turbines of Aboriginal violence. the place violence is noticeable as a part of tradition, too usually it truly is defended because the culture’s “right” to perform it. principally, the separatist self-determination version keeps customs which are harmful, really to ladies and teenagers.
In response to her studies as a stripper in a urban she calls Laurelton—a southeastern urban popular for its strip clubs—anthropologist Katherine Frank presents a desirable insider’s account of the private and cultural fantasies motivating male heterosexual strip membership "regulars. " on condition that all the golf equipment the place she labored prohibited actual touch among the unique dancers and their clients, in G-Strings and Sympathy Frank asks what—if no longer intercourse or maybe touching—the repeat clients have been buying from the golf equipment and from the dancers.
Studienarbeit aus dem Jahr 2015 im Fachbereich Kulturwissenschaften - Sonstiges, be aware: 1,0, Universität Hildesheim (Stiftung) (Institut für Medien, Theater und populäre Kultur), Veranstaltung: Medienkultur, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Ziel der vorliegenden Arbeit soll es sein, sich mit der Frage zu beschäftigen, ob es möglich ist, monotone Arbeiten wie z.
- Cycles of Time and Meaning in the Mexican Books of Fate (Joe R. and Teresa Lozana Long Series in Latin American and Latino Art and Culture (Hardcover))
- Rhythms of the Pachakuti: Indigenous Uprising and State Power in Bolivia (New Ecologies for the Twenty-First Century)
- Native and National in Brazil: Indigeneity after Independence (First Peoples: New Directions in Indigenous Studies)
- Kisisi (Our Language): The Story of Colin and Sadiki (New Directions in Ethnography)
- Courage, Resistance, and Women in Ciudad Juárez: Challenges to Militarization (Inter-America Series; Howard Campbell, Duncan Earle, and Joh)
Additional resources for Applying Theory to Policy and Practice: Issues for Critical Reflection
Applying Theory to Policy and Practice: Issues for Critical Reflection by Steven R. Smith